About Frankfort   |   Get Answers   |   Document Library   |   Map   |   Contact Us         SEARCH

Frequently Asked Questions

Return to Contact us/FAQ page


How do I pay a traffic ticket?

Depending on the violation's jurisdiction, you will need to pay the ticket at the courthouse or mail in the fine to the address on the ticket.

Local Court
Frankfort Local Court generally meets on the second Thursday of every month unless there is a legal holiday then if occurs on the following day.

Local Court Address:
23320 S. LaGrange Road
Frankfort, IL 60423

State Court (Will County Court) Address:
14 W. Jefferson
Joliet, IL 60432

If you have questions regarding an upcoming court appearance related to a traffic citation or criminal complaint contact the Will County Circuit Clerk at:
Telephone: 815.727.8592
website: www.willcountycircuitcourt.com

Questions about mail-in traffic court supervision can be answered at 815.280.1401 Mon-Fri 8am-4pm

Please allow 7 business days for processing of court documents before making inquiries.

To obtain an Emergency Order of Protection or speak to a Will County State's Attorney contact the Will County State's Attorney's Office.

Will County State's Attorneys Office
121 N. Chicago Street
Joliet, IL 60432

Return to Contact us/FAQ page


Do I Get Charged for False Alarms?

If we get dispatched to an alarm at your home or business, you will only get charged after the third false alarm in a calendar year. The fourth and fifth false alarm are $10 each; any false alarms after that are charged at $25 each occurrence. On a side note once we are dispatched to an alarm, we cannot just disregard because someone calls. We will respond to the address to insure that everything is ok.

Return to Contact us/FAQ page


How do I find the Channel 6 Viewing Schedule?

Log-on to the Live Section of this website. The Channel 6 program schedule is updated and available for download.

Return to Contact us/FAQ page


When Are Village Board Meetings or Plan Commission Meetings?

Village Board meetings are held on the first and third Monday of the month at 7:00 pm. Plan Commission/Zoning Board of Appeals meetings are held on the second and fourth Thursdays of the month, unless there is a conflict with an observed holiday.

All meeting dates can be viewed using the calendar feature of this website.

Return to Contact us/FAQ page


Can I pay my water bill on line?

Yes. Go to "Pay Bills" on the home page:

Return to Contact us/FAQ page


Where can I find a complete list of events?

The Event Calendar is online here.

Return to Contact us/FAQ page


What are the dates for branch and leaf pick up?

The schedule is posted to the website under Village Services. Click here.

Return to Contact us/FAQ page

Public Works

Do we need a permit?

Building permits are commonly required for carpentry, plumbing, electrical or earth movement work. Fees are typically charged for maintenance work. Fees are typically charged for new construction.

If you have questions, please contact the building department at (815) 469-2177

Permit Required:
Replace my deck? Yes

Replace my garage door opener? No, if it plugs into a regulation outlet; Yes, if it is wired into the house

Replace my dishwasher? No

Replace a broken window? No

Replace the window frames? Yes

Replace my annual plants? No

Add a berm to the side of my house? Yes

Return to Contact us/FAQ page


Do I need to buy a vehicle sticker?

No, vehicle stickers are not mandatory, per Village Ordinance 2771. If you would like to purchase an optional sticker that is good for the life of your vehicle, please stop by the Village Administration office (432 W. Nebraska). Some residents like buying a sticker to display community pride, for Fall Fest accessibility, etc.  The Village of Frankfort does not penalize residents without vehicle stickers if you choose not to purchase one.

Return to Contact us/FAQ page


What's the zoning of my property? (or where do I find a zoning map)?

First be sure you know if your property is located within the Village of Frankfort. Several properties have a Frankfort mailing address however are located in unincorporated areas zoned by Will County. If the property is unincorporated, you may contact the Current Planning & Zoning Section of the Will County Land Use Department at (815) 727-8850. Will County asks that you have the 16-digit Permanent Identification Number (P.I.N.) from the latest tax bill available when you call.

Return to Contact us/FAQ page


Where do I find information about Fall Festival?

Contact the Frankfort Chamber of Commerce 815-469-3356 or visit www.frankfortfallfestival.info.

Return to Contact us/FAQ page